Despite the Indiana Pacers going just 3-8 over the past three weeks I’m not writing them off. Here are five reasons Pacers fans shouldn’t worry:
- Frank Vogel’s team is the best defensive squad in the NBA. If defense wins championships then Indiana has a good shot at the title.
- Depth. Indiana gets all-star caliber play from both guard spots (Lance Stephenson, George Hill) and both forward’s (Paul George, David West).
- Upside. Their worst starter is Roy Hibbert who is a 27 year old, two time all-star and the best rim protector in the NBA.
- Overall body of work. The Pacers have won more games this year than the Rockets, Trail Blazers and Warriors.
- Experience. Vogel and these same five starters were 11-8 in last years playoffs losing a game seven to the champion Miami Heat.